Diseases and lifestyles are closely linked with the latter profoundly affecting the former. For the elderly, lifestyle adjustments are often included in senior home care services in Loganville, Georgia to balance out their medication plan.
Lifestyle Medicine: The Basics
In a nutshell, lifestyle medicine is a medical branch that promotes holistic and natural ways to regain or maintain health, as well as mitigate symptoms of diseases. The lifestyle adjustment plan is often administered by a professional caregiver in Georgia. This plan focuses on the following key aspects:
- Eating habits
- Sleep-wake cycle
- Stress management
- Physical activities
- Substance dependence cessation
How Can Lifestyle Medicine Benefit the Elderly?
Yes, the intake of medicine, therapies, and surgeries are also beneficial for the elderly. But these options might still have side effects. But with the natural approaches used in lifestyle meds, seniors can enjoy the following benefits:
- Better sleep quality, which also positively impacts their mood
- Augment the therapeutic effects of therapies and medicines
- Better social relationships, which reduce the elderly’s risk of sadness, depression, and other emotional concerns
- Cessation of disease-causing dependence on substances and alcohol
- Stronger immune system due to plant-based, antioxidant-rich diet
There are a lot of great things to look forward to if you implement lifestyle meds on your loved one’s care plan. So, if you want to know more, you can contact our caregiving and personal care experts here at Acis Personal Home Care, LLC. We will give you some advice and help you get started.