For many of us, companionship and social interaction come naturally through our co-workers, spouses, children, and friends. But that cannot be said for our seniors whose opportunities for companionship and social engagement are gradually taken away as they age – their children move out, they retire from their careers, spouses and friends pass away, they lose their ability to drive, etc. With time, their social isolation leads to loneliness, which can slowly develop to depression and other health issues.
At ACIS Home Care, we know that companionship is a crucial part of senior care as it provides incredible health benefits, such as developing memory, lowering the risk of developing depression and heart disease, and promoting a longer lifespan among other benefits.
Our caregivers are ready and willing to help you or your loved one to remain active, both socially and mentally. Some of our companion care activities include:
- Storytelling and recounting of historical events
- Scrapbooking and crafting
- Discussing interesting news items
- Board games
- Card games
- Gardening and taking regular walks
- Transportation and accompanying client to family events, community outings, neighbor visits, and other social events
Ask for Assistance
Let’s get started with a free in-home assessment.